background

Friday, August 15, 2008

Where's the rest?

WARNING! SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT READ THIS POST IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED READING Breaking Dawn !


OK. So I just finished a couple of hours ago. For the most part I'm pretty satisfied, but shouldn't the Volturi have been decimated? I'm I alone in this thought? I was looking for a good ole fashioned vampire/werewolf fight like in book 3. I guess I'm a bit disappointed in that respect. I think they should have been overthrown. That much power is way too dangerous. Is this an open for another book? Was I the only one moved nearly to tears by Garrett's speech? I want to see more of what Renesmee can do in the future too. ok, ok. So maybe I'm just bitter that there's no more to read for now. I checked out a website for something to read next: whatshouldireadnext.com, but haven't found anything that sounds near as good. Withdrawals already? What is wrong with me?

1 comment:

The Amayesings said...

I totally wanted a battle!!! It was too clean an ending. Am I just warped? My opinion on another book-- there definitely will be, but from someone else's perspective (maybe Jacob or Renesmee's?). Overall, I quite enjoyed it and am satisfied with the outcome. Stephenie has turned out to be quite the yarn-teller. One little aside...I really am bugged by that name, Renesmee. As fitting and appropriate as it was, I still felt the tang of barf in my mouth when I read it. Natalie, you and I have very similar tastes. Are you going to follow Lost this fall? You can BET that I am. By the way, I'm not normally a big sci-fi fan. I bought "Host" and haven't started it yet. Have you read the "Pretties" series, another Young Adult set of books? My sis-in-law highly recommends it.