background

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mom, we're hungry.

So I usually get up with my kids EVERY morning and make them breakfast. Sofia is old enough that she should know how to do this on her own. I remember pouring my own cereal when I was 4. However, we keep our cereal up high in our pantry. It's just been there since we moved in the house 5 years ago, childless. This morning I was SO tired after having the YW activity here last night. Both kids came to my bed at 7:15am and complained that they wanted breakfast. In a sleepy stupor I told them to make it themselves. This is what I found when I came downstairs 10 minutes later. I forgot to run the dishwasher last night, so even the bowls and spoons they got out for themselves from it were dirty. Yuck. By the way... they reached the cereal by standing on a chair with a stool on top of it... YIKES. Not one of my better parenting moments I guess.



7 comments:

The Prices said...

did we really get our own breakfast that young? Sometimes Trey makes his own oatmeal, but I have to put in the honey or brown sugar or whatever, so really it just gives me an extra 5 minutes before I have to go down.

dawn said...

Yes you both made your own breakfast that young. However, the cereal was in a low cupboard, and the milk was pre-poured the night before--excepth the time I forgot, and Natalie dumped a whole gallon of milk on her head trying to get it out of the refrigerator. You are a GREAT mother. No one died and they were both happy, too.

The Amayesings said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has bad parenting moments. Very cute picture, and your mom is right--no one died and they were happy.

Julia said...

I hate when I forget to start the dishwasher and I find my kids drinking out of dirty cups!! It's so gross and they don't even notice

Clear the clutter said...

Bad parents and tired parents are different things. In my house a tired parent (or mom) is a grouchy parent. So, pick your poison. You are doing a great job, if this is the worst of it, you are light years ahead of the rest.

aftonini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aftonini said...

Natalie, your mom is right. You are such a wonderful parent. So what if they ate out of dirty dishes. I've always said "you've got to eat a few germs to build ammunities!!