background

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Trip to Oakland Mall

It's pretty rare that I take the kids to Oakland Mall. I think the last time we went was probably 2 years ago. We went today because Sofia had a gift card for Borders that we wanted to use and I think this was the closest one (we have Barnes and Noble closer). The older kids remembered it, but it was all brand new for Scarlett. The also marks the very first time in the last 7 years that I've walked into a mall without a stroller!! Since working, I don't get to go on these outings as much... and in the last year, my two youngest have outgrown the old double stroller that served us so well for so long. SO nice to have older kids. No one even wandered away!! Everyone could walk and even keep pretty good pace with me.
Of course, Sofia felt the need to jump off this croc. She jumps off EVERYTHING... such a monkey. I wish I would have snapped a picture, but a little while later, Sofia got bored with the play area and pulled out her new books from Borders, plopped herself on top of that crocodile snout, and read for a while. Too cute!!
Cutie Scarlie in the canoe

No comments: