background

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bear Hugs

We had our last "4th Sunday Dinner" at the Hardie house before Afton leaves for Texas. VERY sad. Afton had special presents for the kids. Grayson got a special Key that represents the key to Afton's heart, and the girls got little Cabbage Patch dolls whose names are Afton. Then Afton pulled out her big surprise...Months ago, Afton asked the kids (or their moms) what their favorite colors were so she could make them these special presents. The bow on top of each package represented that favorite color. Of course favorite colors tend to change (even in a months time apparently), but everyone was excited and didn't really care about colors anyway.

Scarlett with her red bear hug blanket
Sofia with her purple bear hug blanket
Grayson with his green bear hug blanket
Thank You AFTON!!
Amandine got orange and Thierry got baseballs. Honestly, this has to be the most creative idea I've seen in a long time. The kids already sleep with these every night. They are SO special to them already and are a perfect way to remember Afton when she's gone. We will miss her dearly and are already making tentative plans to vacation in Dallas.

3 comments:

aftonini said...

Awww, you are making me cry! I am famous for giving the children "bear hugs" so I had to leave them each a bear hug that would last a lifetime. I have already realize that some of the younger children may not remember me. But I am thinking that with enough notice to get a cheap ticket I might possibly be able to come back for baptism's. I would LOVE to have you all visit me in Texas. Maybe by then I'll have the ya'll down correctly. I love yoy all & I couldn't love your children any more if they were my own grandchildren & don't want your children to ever forget it.

NatalieHemingway said...

Fabulous. No I'M crying. This is going to be harder than I anticipated. Also, for some weird reason, my kids were blessed with amazing memories. No joke. They'll remember.

The Prices said...

Afton, I already told you, we've always lived away from everyone and we are very good at talking about people, looking at pictures and my kids know and love Afton....now the Michigan kids will do the same.