background

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Total Eclipse of the Sun? - May 2, 2011


We've been watching a weird weed grow in our front lawn all Spring. Tadj hadn't mowed yet, so we really were just watching it. I could have sworn it was a weed. Tadj swore it was a flower. I didn't plant anything. Neither did he. Rachel suggested it appeared like the mystery plant in "Little Shop of Horrors". I didn't recall a "total eclipse of the sun". Today the blossom part turned pink and there was no denying it. We had a tulip. I glanced at my neighbors front yard, and she had a whole bed of them. Some little critter must have decided to dig one of hers up last Fall and put it in our yard to beautify it. HA! Tadj tried to transplant it, but we know NOTHING about gardening and it died of shock... literally. Oh well.

No comments: